Friday, January 16, 2015

Must have BREAKFAST!!!

   

     I did not gain a pound over the Holidays! AND I have not been sick, even tho family around me have been sick.... how am I doing this?? SIMPLE!! I have a smoothie every morning. I buy the frozen berries.... blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. I also add a banana and about an eighth of a cup of vanilla yogurt. I also add whole oats for the fiber and keep from being hungry too soon before lunch. Feel free to add some baby spinach if you are like me and don't eat your greens like you should. The berries will hide the spinach flavor and you will get the vitamins you need!
 
    I don't use any recipe in particular, I just eyeball it....but here is about what I do
2 ice cubes
4-5 whole (frozen) strawberries
10-15 (frozen) blueberries
10-15 (frozen) raspberries
1/2 of a banana
1/4 to 1/2 cup of 2% milk
about an eighth of a cup of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
just under an eighth of a cup of whole oats
Blend. Add more milk if too thick. 
Pour and enjoy :)

Feel free to mix it up and have just a strawberry/banana smoothie
or whatever you want! Smoothies are so easy, you can add just about anything. And they are portable if you are heading out.

No comments:

Post a Comment